Belayed Birthday Party
Please read through the following bullet points to understand just how a climbing party works at the Alaska Rock Gym.
- Please call well in advance to check the availability of your date. Seriously, please call well in advance - we are consistently booked out 6-8 weeks ahead on belayed birthday spots.
- Belayed birthday parties are held at the Alaska Rock Gym on Saturday mornings from 10am -12pm & 4-6pm, and on Sunday afternoons from 2-4pm . Please note! After December 1st, Saturday party times will be from 10:30am-12:30pm & 4:30-6:30pm. Minimum party fee is for 10 participants, maximum is 22.
- Cost of the party is $250 for up to 10 participants and $20 per head after ten. We provide 90 minutes of supervised, belayed climbing and all gear, including shoes. Hosts are asked to provide general supervision. We do not provide cake and ice cream. We have a freezer available to keep ice cream or ice cream cakes cold.
- Each participant will NOT have his/her personal belayer; participant to belayer ratio is about 4/1. Climbers rest and can boulder on low walls in an un-roped fashion between belayed climbs.
- Each participant under the age of 18 MUST have an Alaska Rock Gym minor liability waiver that has been COMPLETELY FILLED OUT AND SIGNED by a parent or legal guardian. This is an ABSOLUTE requirement. Though children may have been to previous parties or kids’ classes at the gym, we do not keep those waivers available on file. Waivers may be completed electronically on this site; down-loaded and printed; or hard copies picked up at the gym. We recommend waiver instructions be included with the invitations.
- A $125 deposit, or 50% based on the estimated number of participants (which ever is greater), is required to hold a reservation. The deposit can be made in person or over the phone with a credit card. We accept Visa, MC, American Express and Discover. The balance of the party cost is paid the day of the party. The party host is asked to confirm the expected number of participants by the Wednesday before the party date. This allows us to set the number of belayers we will require for the event. If no confirmation is made, the party giver is charged for either the estimated number of participants, or the actual number of participants, whichever is greater.
- Experience has shown us that most party participants tire after 90 minutes of climbing. This leaves the group 30 minutes to open presents and serve cake or snacks in the party room.
- Hosts can decorate in the party room with table clothes etc, but please NO BALLOONS in the building (they get stuck in our ceiling fans), or tacks
in the walls. Don’t forget a cake knife, lighter or matches and ice cream scoop. Please tidy up the party room before leaving the gym.
Saturdays: 10am - Noon & 4-6pm
Please note! After December 1st, Saturday party times will be 10:30am-12:30pm & 4:30-6:30pm
$250 for a maximum of 10 participants, $20 for each climber above ten.