Climbing Movement Package
This fun and inspiring package includes a lesson on the basics of climbing movement and techniques. Your Alaska Rock Gym guide will introduce specific skills on how to move in the vertical world, provide instruction on how to apply these skills, and introduce the variable climbing terrain in the indoor gym. After the lesson, climber will have time to put it all together and climb at a self-directed pace. This option is most appropriate for groups with some prior climbing experience or a moderate level of physical fitness.
Choose additional items to supplement your Climbing Movement Package:
- Additional Time for Lunch: Share a hard earned lunch with your fellow climbers in the private party room. Food and beverages not provided by the Alaska Rock Gym. Pick up is available next door from the Moose’s Tooth.
- Additional Time for Self-Directed Climbing: Extend your climbing time in 30 minute increments.
- Team Building Games: With the perfect combination of competitive and cooperative qualities, climbing games are fantastic tools for bringing your group together.
Participants must be 11 years and older, and participants under the age of 14 must be closely accompanied by a staff member or a responsible adult member of the group at all times.
All participants under the age of 18 must have an Alaska Rock Gym liability waiver signed by a parent or legal guardian prior to climbing.
Basic Group Climbing Package is 2 hours, maximum event time is 4 hours.
- Lunch: Additional 30 - 60 minutes
- Extended Self Directed Climbing: Additional 30 - 60 minutes
- Team Building Games: Additional 30 – 60 minutes
- Reservations required! Please call 2 weeks in advance to book your group event.
Event host provides belayers:
$300 for a maximum of 15 participants + $18 per person after 15
$150 deposit required to secure reservation. Remaining balance due on the date of the event.
Alaska Rock Gym provides belay staff:
$400 for a maximum of 15 participants + $20 per person after 10
$200 deposit required to secure reservation. Remaining balance due on the date of the event.
Additional Items: + $30 per 30 minute block of additional event time.